Position Summary: Mechanical Design Engineer
On a contractual or part time basis, provide Mechanical Design Engineer assistance for detailed mechanical designs and assemblies. Responsibilities include parts list generation, engineering documentation development, and drawing release. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work the design layout after concept and follow-up working with Mechanical Engineering to ensure the design meets all requirements. US Citizenship is required.
- Take over the design project from engineering after the concept phase and carry it through the detailed design and drafting phases creating and releasing all documentation.
- Work the design layout in SOLIDWORKS, and follow-up working with Mechanical Engineering to ensure the design meets all requirements.
- Interpret and incorporate redlines as well as review and redline drawings.
- Work on multiple projects while keeping the lead informed of project status and issues that arise.
- Work independently with minimal instruction.
- Work closely with leadership to support all program objectives.
Education and Experience Required
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- AS degree in Engineering or a technical field (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in design engineering with proficiency in all aspects of mechanical design, including layout and design documentation.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with creating SOLIDWORKS drawings and supporting drawing release.
- Knowledge of Industry and Military standard drafting standards and practices.
- Intermediate to advanced GD&T knowledge and application.
- Experience designing/working with various materials such as metals, plastics, and composites