Perform gap analysis of existing processes compared to the CMMI framework and make recommendations of the path forward and facilitate the path as needed for each implementation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with Quality Assurance (QA) policies and processes
- Conducting independent quality audits of project functions against documented processes and deliverables against defined specifications
- Ensuring project policies and processes are compliant with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) for Development v1.3 (CMMI-DEV v1.3) with Maturity Level 3 general and specific practices
- Serving as a subject matter expert of QA and CMMI
- Defining, establishing, gathering, and reporting quality process related metrics and performing statistical modeling and analyses.
- Defining processes and metrics and communicating/interfacing with project managers, software developers, and manufacturing personnel about processes, procedures, metrics, metrics related data acquisition, and statistical analyses.
- Determining the implications of analytical results and identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously (i.e. performs well in a multi-tasking environment).
- Working with project management to discuss their interpretation of data/quality and follow-up on assigned actions.
- Able to work easily with project managers, task leads, software design/development/test personnel, manufacturing personnel, etc.
- Member of the CMMI SCAMPI Appraisal Team
- Proven track record of successful CMMI Level 3 achievement and sustainment
- Proven experience in manufacturing and manufacturing processes development, quality-measurement, and performance prediction
- Proven experience in performing statistical analyses and developing and using tools/models to perform processes analyses
- Proven experience with software development and the processes involved in the software development through retirement life-cycle.
- Experience in working with software engineering and modeling and simulation (M&S) programs.
- Experience in working on a wide range of DoD related manufacturing programs
- Experience with data manipulation, reporting, and automation
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong reporting skills, e.g. graphical presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with SharePoint and other portals
- Possess a broad knowledge of government standards with risk, compliance, and enterprise risk management experience
- Ability to conduct test risk analysis and write a test approach/strategy
- Ability to identify and evaluate operational and technology supply chain risks and internal controls
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, and ISO 20000-1
- Certified CMMI Associate
- PMP Certification
- SEI-sponsored “Intro to CMMI-DEC” or “Intro to CMMI-SVC” course completion
- High Maturity Appraisal Team Member for CIMMI-DEV v1.3 and CMMI-
- Six Sigma Certification – Black Belt
- Experience in hardware manufacturing and manufacturing processes analysis as well as software development and software development processes analyses.
Required Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Information Systems, Engineering or a quality- related field
- 3 years of relevant quality assurance or process improvement experience
- 3 years of experience implementing or applying CMMI for Development or CMMI for Services
- 3 or more years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time/30+ hours weekly
Travel is required and primarily more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government contracts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.