Manages all aspects of complex projects from inception to conclusion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
- Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with complex systems or with coordinating and development, and design projects.
- Provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Responds to inquiries about projects.
- Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings.
- Establishes and maintains liaison as required with boards, committees and commissions.
- Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- PMP Certification
- Familiar with implementation of ERP, Costpoint, and Deltek.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Must understand conflict resolution
- Ability to utilize Project Management disciplines to estimate, coordinate and deliver committed project deliverables.
- Ability to identify and negotiate schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Establish project policy, set project standards and determine needed tools. Manage change and project acceptance procedures.
- Manage and promptly escalate issues and risks.
- Communicate major milestones, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities. Track and monitor the project financial health.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning, facilitation, leadership and time management skills.
- Proven experience communicating within the project team, across project teams and upward communications to program steering groups.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, address conflicts in changes, work effectively in a matrix environment and build strong relationship.
- Ability to motivate team members and influence them to adhere to project deliverables.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint
- MS Project and Project Server
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science
- At least five years of experience in project management or a related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time/30+ hours weekly
Travel is required and primarily more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government contracts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.