Position Summary: Program Management Consultant
On a contractual basis, provide project management support to local or remote clients who require ground-up assistance implementing or maintaining a formal project management system. Responsibilities will include acting as Program Manager on projects of varying nature-ERP implementations, Software development, Manufacturing, as well as identifying the client needs for training, guidance and support of project management methodologies in the areas of project planning, estimating, execution, and implementation. The Program manager will work closely with the client to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of solutions deployed in support of business requirements.
- Leading programs from concept to launch by interfacing and supporting cross functional teams across several disciplines such as engineering and purchasing.
- Manage all phases of project delivery from project initiation to closeout, ensuring all program deliverables are met and within budget, time and scope.
- Manage, oversee and report to upper management on all program deliverables.
- Evaluate the clients existing processes and methodology for program management and perform a detailed gap analysis.
- Based on client business needs, assist with organizing, implementing and maintaining a scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
- With the client, design and develop project schedules according to industry best practices and the needs of the business.
Experience and Education Required
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering (or other relevant discipline) plus 5 years of relevant experience as a Program Manager. Master’s degree and PMP certification a plus.
High-level of knowledge of typical relationships between program cost/schedule, earned value management, monitoring and measurement of progress, as well as identifying and solving program-wide issues.
Has working knowledge and is at ease discussing contractual, programmatic and technical topics as they relate to program scheduling and execution.
Strong ability to lead and give direction.