The accounting manager is responsible for managing the accounting department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Assign and essential functions.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Audit the work of the accounting department and ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization and the government.
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Works with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Six years of accounting experience.
- Cost-Plus contracts experience.
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) accounting experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or CMA certification.
- Experience with 8(a) business.
- ICAT experience.
- Financial Management.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
The accounting manager manages the accounting department and is responsible for the performance management of the accounting clerk within that department.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time/40 hours weekly.
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government contracts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.