The HR administrator provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g. recruiting, payroll, performance management, onboarding, record keeping, file maintenance). This position administers employee benefit plans companywide. This position acts as a liaison between employees and insurance brokers to resolve benefits-related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. The HR administrator also ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform recruitment activities, interview and evaluate candidates for select positions at headquarters. Maintain related records. Prepare and negotiate offers to candidates.
- Conduct new employee orientation to ensure employees gain an understanding of company mission, vision, culture, as well as benefits plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Track employee onboarding, schedule routine check-in meetings with new employees and acclimate new employees to Alluvionic culture.
- Manage all employee benefits and annual open enrollment period each year. Arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for onsite representation by insurance broker. Process changes within deadlines.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Review weekly timesheet approvals on TSheets and conduct bi-weekly payroll with RUN ADP.
- Manage performance management between employees and supervisors throughout onboarding and annually.
- Plan bi-annual team events and constantly strive to improve employee engagement.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents as needed. Use electronic benefits bulletin board and other vehicles to communicate information. Produce the company telephone directory.
- Assist with proposals as needed.
- Perform annual audits.
- Conduct exit interviews and termination process.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years of HR experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business.
- Certified HR Professional (SHRM-CP or PHR) credential.
- Experience administering employee benefits, including health and 401(k).
- Experience with the RUN ADP payroll system.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Emotional Intelligence.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be a U.S. citizen due to government contracts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.