Manages all aspects of complex projects from inception to conclusion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
- Serve as the backstop for complex long- and short-term contracts.
- Provide all levels of management support to existing projects.
- Contribute to proposal development including recruitment and writing.
- Serve as a consultant in his/her area of expertise on Alluvionic projects as assigned.
- Lead efforts (in coordination with Alluvionic senior staff) to identify new projects.
- Provide quality control for project deliverables including reports, documents, publications, etc.
- Regularly update manuals and forms (e.g., Field Operations, Check-lists, etc.) as policies and requirements change.
- Regularly keep up-to-date on developments with Alluvionic’s main clients.
- Represent Alluvionic, as needed, at seminars, conferences, meetings, professional events to strengthen networks and contribute to the business development strategy of Alluvionic.
- Prepare content for the website and other media.
- PMP Certification
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Must have excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, planning, facilitation, leadership and time management skills.
- Must understand conflict resolution
- Ability to utilize Project Management disciplines to estimate, coordinate and deliver committed project deliverables.
- Ability to identify and negotiate schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Establish project policy, set project standards and determine needed tools. Manage change and project acceptance procedures.
- Manage and promptly escalate issues and risks.
- Communicate major milestones, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities. Track and monitor the project financial health.
- Proven experience communicating within the project team, across project teams and upward communications to program steering groups.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, address conflicts in changes, work effectively in a matrix environment and build strong relationship.
- Ability to motivate team members and influence them to adhere to project deliverables.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint.
- MS Project and Project Server.
Required Education and Experience
- M.A/M.S. in related social science field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in international development program management.
- Experience working with USAID or NGO.
- Bilingual in English and Ukrainian or Russian
- Experience managing projects in Eastern European countries
- Experience with IDIQ and leading multi-million dollar contracts.
- Experience with contract management
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time/40 hours weekly
Travel is occasional and primarily more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Permanent U.S. resident; green card holder.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.