The 2018 award winners:
- Simpkins Entrepreneurial Award – Joe Reilly, President of National Drug Screening
- weVENTURE Women in Business Award – Wendy Romeu, President & CEO of Alluvionic
- Aviation/Aerospace Award – Cliff Graham, Director of Operations & Maintenance of Orland0 Melbourne international airport
- Skattum Community Award – Dr. Katherine Cobb, President of Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy
- Duda Leadership Award – John Murray, CEO of Port Canaveral
- 2018 Business Leader of the Year – Robert Cabana, Director of NASA’s Kennedy Space Center
The weVENTURE Women in Business Award is dedicated to celebrating the development of small business in the Space Coast, specifically those that are woman-owned. The award was presented to Wendy Romeu, CEO & President of Alluvionic, by Dr. Rafael Trespalacios of the Brevard Eye Center.
When asked what receiving this award meant to her, Romeu said, “Being recognized as a Brevard business leader was humbling and exciting. The Alluvionic team has worked hard, and this award was for them. I am surrounded by people that are all in which is why we are able to be so successful and be recognized as leaders in Brevard and beyond.”
With more than 20 years of Project Management and Process Improvement experience, Romeu has successfully built her company by right-sizing solutions for her clients.
Founded in 2013, Alluvionic is a solutions provider that services clients through project management, process improvement, and product development. We help companies learn and implement Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®), to enable companies to receive an accreditation often required for government projects. The company’s mission is to provide world-class project management, process, improvement, and product development solutions guided by the highest levels of integrity, professionalism, and innovation.
All award winners were featured in the SpaceCoast Business Magazine December issue. In her interview for the issue Romeu said, “I genuinely care about my family, employees and clients. I’m always looking to do the right thing for the right reasons. I want people to walk away from knowing or working with me better off for it.”